Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Do I have something against them?

Have you seen the boasting that PTV is doing with some short advetisements on itself? One of them goes like, "If we filed copyright suits, India would go bankrupt." So, what they are referring to is the copies that Indian media makes of PTV content. Ironically, the music used in these stupid advertisements can also be heard on Indian National TV in an advertisement with some marching soldiers in it. I'm sure it must have been composed by some westerner and both the Indian and Pakistani TV are copying it without permission from the music producer. Talk about copyright infringement.
Two more instances that I can give you right away on PTV. One, the drama serial "Meray dard ko jo zuban milay." I've never seen it because it sucks but watch its trailers on PTV and notice the music from Batman Begins sound track. Another drama serial "Sukhan." Same story, I dont watch it, well, to tell you the truth, all their dramas suck so I dont watch any of them, but watch its trailer. Terminator 2 sound track music. Both, I'm sure copied without permission. And they're talking about claiming copyright? Give me a break! PTV sucks.

No comments: