Friday, March 04, 2005

glib-2.0 compiled

glib-2.0 compilation gave a lot of problems. Myabe I should've been using some sort of switch to ./configure but I couldnt locate one.
Compiling gettext-0.14, after downloading it from the web, it complained about missing CSharp and .net and suggested to get pnet. Well, I am compiling .net so that's chicken and egg problem.
I just removed all references to anything that contained "csharp" in all the Makefiles and then it went fine.
Then went back to glib-2.0 and had to define the symbol -DUSE_LIBICONV_GNU in the Makefile in the directory glib. Also, in gobject, tests, and glib had to modify the Makefile to include -lintl -L/usr/local/lib and -I/usr/local/include. In docs and subdirectories, I had to insert dummy and empty all-local: target in the Makefiles.
Now went back to Mono, and it is still complaining about glib-2.0 version thing. I tried pkg-config and it said gnome-config missing. I am now installing gnome and packages and will see where we go from there.

No comments: