Saturday, December 25, 2004

PakCon 2004

Pakistan Cyber Security Convention 2004, Dec 22 and 23, 2004, at Hotel Peal Continental. I registered for both days, but could only attend part of the first day before being pulled back into SCONEST 2004 arrangements. It was expected.
Hotel had made poor power arrangements, as there was a power breakdown in the morning on Dec 22. The volunteers were well organized, and very composed. I would have like to see more attendance. I dont know why people took such small interest in it. In my opinion, it was an important event. I also bought a PakCon 2004 T-shirt there.
Event details are available at www.pakcon.org. The mastermind behind it is Mr. Faiz Ahmed Shuja, who is Sr Security Consultant, Cyber Internet Services, and Founder Pakistan Honeynet Project amongst many other things.

No comments: