Friday, July 29, 2005

Got it!

I am blogging from a few hundred light years above cloud number nine thousand nine hundred and ninety nine. I received news today of what I had been dreaming of so desperately. I was admitted to LUMS Department of Computer Science and Engineering in the MS/PhD program and have been granted full fee waiver and a monthly stipend. They offer that to the top five candidates. That's quite an achievement. I'm sure you can never understand what or how much it means to me. Just think of it this way. Ever have so much joy that you wanted to cry and couldnt stop crying for a long time?
First position in eighth grade. Highest percentage record at my school in ninth and tenth grade. Second position in my first year at NED University. Assistantship two weeks into my first semester at Wichita State. A freelance software development that gave me so much to learn. Student Activities Committee Chair for IEEE Karachi Section. IEEE Student Branch Counselor at NED University. INETA Pakistan Country Leader. Invited to Dubai twice to attend Microsoft Research .NET 3-day Crash Course, everytime with free air travel, five star hotel stay and meals. Invited to Turkey to attend and speak at INETA MEA Country Leaders' Summit. Nominated Secretary IEEE Karachi Section, which I turned down. Elected Secretary/Treasurer IEEE Communications Society, Karachi Chapter. Endless list of praises and appreciations from so many people and platforms. All for an incompetent and incapable person like me. I can not attribute it to anything but my parents' prayers. And there is so much more that Allah has blessed me with that I cant even begin to encompass. If I would be in prayers for my entire life, I could thank Allah enough for all that I have been given.
Success is a journey and not a destination. This is only the first step to a journey. I have a daunting task ahead of me to live up to the confidence placed in me by the gentlemen at LUMS. My faculty advisor is Dr. Shahid Masud who is a graduate from Queen's University of Belfast. He maintains a home page, too. With teachers like the ones over there, I am ready for action, ready to take on the world.
I pray for strength at this crucial juncture of my life. Pray for me, like you have prayed for me before.

12 comments:

Hammad said...

Heartiest congratulations. I wish you all the best now and forever. Keep Rocking!

Zeeshan Muhammad said...

Congratulations sir... you're the best!

Adnan Farooq Hashmi said...

Although I had wished (and had told you my feelings as well) that your admission to LUMS is delayed so that we can undertake all the projects that we had discussed; but now I can't help being happy for you. Congratualtions to you!

Sarfaraz Ahmed Soomro said...

congratulations sir, mashAllah, and all the best.

Unknown said...

Lots of congrats! you deserved nothing less.

Whiz Kid said...

You've been a great inspiration. I'll be looking out for your name in technology journals and conference proceedings around the world. You still have a pretty long way to go!

Whiz Kid said...

... and I'll try my best to keep the spirit alive!

Khurram said...

Mubaarak ho! I have been your student for a pretty short time, but have kept up with what you have been doing. I admire the way you have been counseling your students, and taking advantage of technology (like your blog, which more teachers should be aware of). I am sure there are miles to go before you sleep...

Yahya said...

All the Best Sir !! You deserved it. (Masha Allah)

Syed Mehroz Alam said...

Accept my congratulations on this. I pray for your success, but we'll miss you in final year.

Syed Mehroz Alam said...

Accept my congratulations on this. I pray for your success, but we'll miss you in final year.

Zubair.NET! said...

Please accept my Heartiest Congratulations. Though we met just once during the PDC, however, in that one meeting I realized that you really deserve to be admired by so many people.

May Allah showers His blessings on you in all your future endeavours.

Keep up the good work!