Wednesday, September 28, 2005

An admirable friend

The conviction that Adnan has, is absolutely admirable. He will soon be in Seattle to attend the MVP global summit 2005. A gathering of some of the finest people of the world as far as proficiency in Microsoft's tools and technologies are concerned. After getting back from India in July, we started worrying about our trip to Seattle. We were concerned that we wouldnt get the visa in time to make it. We means me, Adnan, and Vaqar Kahmisani. Adnan was convinced that we would. He had a feeling that we would get the visa. Later on, we also discovered that Microsoft will bear every single penny of the trip. Only Adnan applied for the visa. I didnt because I was about to join LUMS and going to Seattle in the middle of the semester would be suicidal. A few days earlier, Adnan got his visa and has left for USA about 24 hours ago.
I admire his conviction, his instincts, and determination. Have fun out there, my friend. My priority is PhD, so I cant say, I feel sorry to miss it. As for me, if I do well, conference paper presentations would given plenty of opportunities for sponsored foreign trips.

3 comments:

Whiz Kid said...

He's pretty adamant. He gets what he wants! ;)

Muhammad Saqib Ilyas said...

Agreed! There's a saying, "Fortune favors the brave." Need I say more?

Adnan Farooq Hashmi said...

Thanks for your compliments. You can follow my Travelogue blog at http://mvp2005.blogspot.com

Missing you Comrade!