Monday, September 12, 2005

A few quotes

I found this blog entry from a student of mine which includes a few qutoes, and on the comments you can notice a discussion on them as well. On the point of not being too honest, I think I should clarify things a little bit.
By being not too honest, I dont mean being dishonest, or lying at times. I dont endorse lying at all. However, being too honest means being too open, too frank, to clear. At times, you should keep your feelings, emotions, opinions to yourself in order to avoid being in a tight situation later on, which often can not be predicted. People you trust, sometimes end up having a grudge that you dont know of and harm you in a bad way.
About diplomatic behavior, I recall a saying, "A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell and leave you feeling happy to take the trip."

No comments: