Thursday, September 29, 2005

Free online document management

I have been thinking that we should maintain the documents we are preparing for our software engineering project in a version control/document management system. The only problem is, it needs to be available to all of us at the same time, which means, it must be online. I searched on google, but I was surprised, that I didnt find any free online document management system. Some of them are giving free trials for a few days, but nothing beyond that. Strange!!! If you know any information that suggests otherwise, do comment.

5 comments:

Muhammad Saqib Ilyas said...

Well, what I was looking for was some provider to host my documents for management free. These are all document management applications, but I would have to host them somewhere, which is the issue. If there were some ready-to-use free document management websites, such as we have Yahoo! mail for free web based email, that's what I was looking for. Otherwise, yea, I'd be all for Sharepoint.

Yahya said...

a free wiki ??

Muhammad Saqib Ilyas said...

Nope. Wiki is for authoring web pages, whereas I am looking for a full blown document management, version control system, where we can check in and out word documents as well as source code from easy to use tools.

M Shoaib Sheikh said...

What about yahoo briefcase!

Muhammad Saqib Ilyas said...

Briefcase is good, but it isnt quite what you expect from version control. You'll know next year when you study software engineering. Version control is an invaluable and indispensible tool.