Sunday, August 21, 2005

Driving me crazy

Yesterday when I was driving back from the INETA Pakistan Executive Committee's meeting, at NIPA intersection, I was in the fast lane, and there was a white Civic to my left and slightly ahead of me, being driven by (in Adnan's words) a dogess, such that my car's hood was flush level with the tip of her nose. Thrice in five seconds she drifted her vehicle towards mine, each time I honked at her. And then she's staring at me as if I was doing something wrong. To hell with you, dogess! You may be cute, you may have a nicer car, but that doesnt change traffic rules, princess! One day, when I have lots of filthy money, I'll buy me a big, bad, mean, Dodge Ram truck. Their slogan is, "If you cant dodge it, ram it!" And then, I'll ram into and drive over all these idiots, and they couldnt ever catch up with my ride! Eeeeee haaaaawwwww, cowboy! Those who wrong others will pay!
I've decided that I'll blog a few entries about how to drive, on my blog. Why not, right? I've blogged about everything but the kitchen sink. So, stay tuned for some driving lessons.

4 comments:

Hammad said...

phew...such a dogess .. she was....
;)

Sarfaraz Ahmed Soomro said...

haha, once i had my car in a queue at a petrol pump, a lady had to get her car filled. On her turn, she couldn't unfortunately properly park the car to be filled, so the petrol guy asked her to properly park the car. Unfortunaltely my car was behind her's and she blindly reversed her car(though i was honking all the time) and smashed into my bumper and broke the front indicators :S. Later she came to me and said a lot of sorry. I won't call her a dogess :D though there are many out there :D

Muhammad Saqib Ilyas said...

Lest our lady readers get upset, there are many more dogs out there than dogesses. Dont feel depressed.
Sorries dont fix broken indicators, Quaid-e-Azam does, and he's not easy to earn. lol. In the US, there is very strong rules about insurance. In short, if it's your fault, you pay for the fixing of both cars, unlike our place where some stupid bystander comes up, pats you on the back and says, "chalo koi naheen, donon ka aik jesa nuqsan hua hay, donon apnee apnee garee theek kara laina. halkee see to lagee hay." Aisay ko khud aik "halkee see" laganee farz hotee hay. Thoree multiple halkee halkee laga k hospital punhcha do to or achcha.

Zubair.NET! said...

Even here is UAE, insurance is too good, if you have a full insurance of your car and you hit someone, your insurance company will take care of both these cars.

Well, in this case, I guess the only thing we need to worry about is our own safety.