Sunday, August 28, 2005

Smile!

On anger management, I forgot to mention one more point, smiling. In the US, people have the good habit of smiling at the other person if eye contact is made whether you know the other person or not. They say that a smile is contagious, and the other person also smiles at you. Just a harmless smile brightens the mood, diffuses tension and what not.
I try to follow that. Whenever someone says assalamo alaikum, I try not to just say walaikum assalam but I try to say it with a smile. It never hurts, makes the pther person feel valued and happier, and brightens my mood, too. In our society, maybe smiling at the opposite sex would give wrong ideas to the other preson, so maybe this is not very universal, however, as far as why I dont get angry is concerned, I think this is probably another one of the reasons, so if you want to be cool minded, try to do this. Smile!

3 comments:

Sarfaraz Ahmed Soomro said...

i find it very natural to practice, doesn't need any extra effort; rather its an automatically triggered event.

Whiz Kid said...

Try not to make an eye-contact with the opposite sex! In Ireland, they even start a conversation just like that!

Whiz Kid said...

Superb quotation Sanjeev!